Pushing Through | Teen Ink

Pushing Through

November 1, 2017
By Ruby Hernandez BRONZE, Hemet, California
Ruby Hernandez BRONZE, Hemet, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

He passed when she was young, her grandfather the only thing that made her happy had passed. She loved him and she knew he loved her. She and her father always fought after that, nothing was the same things were harder. She was forced to grow up with a terrible father, her mother, and three younger siblings. She was the oldest everything feel on her. Her dad would work all dad her mom stayed home watching the kids. She was the babysitter, cleaner, cook, homework helper, and responsible for anything that happened. The only thing that kept her pushing through everyday was her grandfather. Yes he was gone but she knew he was watching over her keeping her safe. She pushed through everyday through the mess and arguments and fights because she wants to make him proud for what she has become. She plans to graduate with honors and go to college, she hopes to get into her dream college and leave her city behind. With all that it contained her toxic father, her mother, and her younger siblings who she knew were on the right path. All the drama she plans to run away from but for now she's still pushing through.