From 8/10/13 to 5/26/2017 | Teen Ink

From 8/10/13 to 5/26/2017

By Jurassicandre47 BRONZE, La Habra, California
Jurassicandre47 BRONZE, La Habra, California

As time passed in my senior year of high school I began to miss some days of school, maybe a week at the most. It caused my grades to fall down tremendously. Once I gave my teachers a piece of paper saying that I have surgery those days, they raised it up to A’s and B’s again. When I woke up for school, I woke up around 6 am – 6:15 in the morning. It was a pain in the butt for me because I usually wake up around 8 am to 8:20 am on a school day these days. I began to do well, still a little on the edge, but I knew it wouldn’t be perfect in a day. It took me awhile to get back in the swing of things and live a normal life. I also give credit for doing it on my own. When I’m at school, I love to put on headphones and listen to music while I’m doing my work or classwork. Music is one of the most important and powerful things in my life. My life without melodies and harmonies would be totally empty. Listening to and playing different tunes helps me relax and it can also help to motivate me in trying times. When I was younger, I didn’t have the great love for music as I do now. Whether I’m in the car, my house, or anywhere, I’ll be listening to 80’s rock n’ roll 24/7 like crazy.

I started learning electric and acoustic guitar since 2011. Once I started playing, I fell utterly in love with it. It’s very addictive and can also be distracting sometimes. It distracts me from homework since my guitar sits in right next to my desk. Playing electric and acoustic guitar is one of the only things in my life in which I can’t feel pressurized to do well in. I think this because I have a great guitar teacher and he doesn’t have to push me to do hard chords or music. I believe music effects people in many different ways. To me music is more than just something to listen to or play, it’s something to feel. Music is extremely important in my life. I think it brings me closer to my friends and relatives, especially the ones that are out of the US. I also feel that it helps me to get through things. Music is right next to my heart. I love to listen to music very loud too when I’m at home or in parties.