Public Snow Tastes Disgusting | Teen Ink

Public Snow Tastes Disgusting

October 24, 2017
By Anonymous

“OWWWWWWWWW!”


You think you like something, anything right? WRONG! You may like something but as most people know, that thing you like  just comes back to hurt you. Sooner or later it will. No matter what, but that doesn’t mean you can’t stop liking it.


The snow was cold, moist and tasted disgusting. Face planting isn’t fun. Especially in a public ski resort, because it tastes like someone  peed, then barfed on the pee.


It was a nice morning, cool and warm at the same time. My family and I went to the ski resort that winter with some family friends to just hang out. We arrived at the resort at around 10 in the morning, and planned to ski until 3 or 4.


Whenever I ski, I always start slow  with easy stuff just like stretching before any sort of physical activity. Skiing easy slopes was my sort of stretching thing. Just going slow and working technique, then going harder and testing it. Falling doesn’t usually affect me. I fall, then dust of the snow and continue skiing. Sometimes I fall on purpose just to lay there to take a break. But this time, I didn’t get up.


I was just cruising down an easy slope, until I heard poles crack behind me. You know what else was behind me, my family friend. I did a quick turn to check on him, but hit a groove and fell. The next thing I knew was that I was in the snow all spread out.


“OWWWWWWWWW!” I landed on my wrist in a funny position. My wrist right under my body and it felt like it turned a way it shouldn’t have. It felt terrible, and not just the pain. But not being able to ski anymore. If only I didn’t turn, I thought. But what if he actually fell, what would I think of myself then? I didn’t know.


I didn’t know, I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t turn. I got up from the snow, with my wrist throbbing. I was in the middle of the hill which sucked because I had to ski down to the lodge. Truthfully, I didn’t mind skiing down to the lodge, but I also didn’t want to fall again and hurt my wrist any further.


A day later I go to the doctor to see if it’s a fracture or a sprain because when I hurt my wrist it looked like nothing happened, it just hurt a lot. The doctor said it was a break so it’s all good!