My Trip to Great America | Teen Ink

My Trip to Great America

By pumpkinpie BRONZE, Cupertino, California
pumpkinpie BRONZE, Cupertino, California

It is a warm summer day when my family decided to to go to Great America. I have always wanted To go there, and finally I could. We left at around ten o'clock and got there at ten thirty. When we got there we had lunch. I was really excited to go on a roller coaster for the first time, but my parents said you have to wait for your food to digest. But I couldn't wait so I went on it anyway. The ride was called the demon. On the ride you go in two full 360 degree turns and you go upside down. Then you go through a tunnel and then it is over. I hopped in a car and pulled my shoulder strap down. Then suddenly we started to move forward.

We started going up until we got to the top. Then I closed my eyes as we rocketed down to the bottom and heard loud constant screams. We started going up again so open my eyes and we are upside down. Then we went through a dark tunnel where I couldn't see anything. My stomach wasn't feeling to good. So as soon as the ride ended I jumped out of the car and ran to the nearest trash can, and out came my lunch. Then I thought about it for a second and said to myself, “ maybe I should've waited”. So next time MAYBE I will listen to my parents.