Back in Third Grade | Teen Ink

Back in Third Grade

By Chino_16._ BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Chino_16._ BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

It was the middle of the school day, and I was in my third period class. I didn’t know what was going on. They were taking people out of class but at the same time I was very concentrated on my work that i wasn’t paying attention to my surroundings. The students came and left until i was the last one to be called down.

I remember my teacher telling me “Angel as soon as you’re done your work there is someone in the principal’s office who would like to see you.” I ask around, then I asked my friend behind me what was going on, he didn’t tell me anything. I walked out of class thinking i did some bad, or that something serious happened. I was nervous, to the point where I couldn’t stop shaking.

I thought to myself “what did i do?” i couldn’t think of anything, I always did what i needed to do, i never got into trouble, i was a good student, quiet but i was still a good student. Nothing came to mind.

I told myself “What did I do to get myself in trouble?”

My mind replied  “nothing that i can remember!”

I ponder for a while thinking of what I had some. I finished my work, I started to head down to the office. I was very nervous in my head I started to think “maybe if i hide they won't find me or if I walk out and run they wont catch me.” I went into the bathroom to splashed some water in my face. As i did I thought “Angel you’re such a bad student, they probably want to punish you for your all the things you’ve done while you were in school.”
I walked in to the office to see that someone tall and average weight with brown hair, standing there. I was shaking and at the same time a little disappointed because I thought I had done something really wrong. My thoughts were wrong… It was my best friend Sally Thompson she had came to visit me, as soon as she saw me she ran towards me and hugged me tightly.  I didn’t know how to react to her being there in front of me, since she was home schooled. My mom had called the school and told the secretary that I was allowed to leave with my friend. The Principal told me to go to class and get my mochila and come back to his office.

After we left,she took me out to go eat sushi because she knew i loved sushi. Then she took me shopping and then we went to the park, and she played soccer with me. Then she bought me ice cream, after ice cream she took me to the movies she bought me a large sized popcorn just for me, she also bought me a large soda, and nachos. We watched Fast & Furious, and afterwards we went home.