Worst Fear | Teen Ink

Worst Fear

October 18, 2017
By Anonymous

This summer my worst fear became reality, because I went through surgery during summer because I had a tumor inside of me. I had the tumor inside of me for a long time period. The surgery was horrifying. It all goes back a long time ago. It was the year 2015 in September, I went to get a MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), and I’ve founded out I had a tumor inside of me. I was shocked to hear this awful news.

From that point I had gone to the hospital for a MRI check every 3 months from 2015 till up till April in 2017. Every check up will have a different outcome but no surgery was needed. It wasn’t needed because it wasn’t big enough to perform the operation on the tumor. April 2017, when I was going to get my results for my check up.

I was told unfortunately news. I will have to have surgery because my tumor was getting worser and worser. I was absolutely scared, because I never had surgery that was this seriously. I was told I will have the surgery in July. In July, my surgery was successful. I went through a lot of pain, more pain than ever. I took that moment to realize that going through something horrifying can bring a lot of fear but don’t lose hope in yourself, because when there is no hope, all seems lost. I went through my worst fear this summer and it feels great to not be afraid anymore.


The author's comments:

I wrote this article to people, so that even when they go through something rough, don't just give up.