Always Love Your Family | Teen Ink

Always Love Your Family

October 19, 2017
By melecio BRONZE, Palm Desert, California
melecio BRONZE, Palm Desert, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My name is Jessie M. I was born in Indio at John F. Kennedy hospital, January 15th, 2004.  I’m currently twelve years old, I live in Palm Desert with my parents and my two brothers. I also have a step-brother his name is Jovannie, but he doesn’t live with us because he has a family of his own that consist of a wife, son, and a daughter.  My second oldest brother is named Carlos Jr., he’s 25 years old.  My other brother’s name is Alejandro, or Alex for short, he is 20 years old.  Out of all my brothers, I am the youngest, so they enjoy picking on me.  Besides the fact that they like to pick on me, there is much more to them.


My second oldest brother is Carlos Jr. he was born in Indio John F. Kennedy the same hospital as me.  His birthday is July 23, 1992.  Carlos is a very smart person, he wants to be a doctor. He graduated from the  University of Riverside and he’s waiting to attend the school of medicine.  He likes to hang out with his friends and go to the gym with my brother Alex.  He is a very hard worker. He’s educated on many different subjects.  He also adopted a family member of ours her name is Girly and she was a stray dog.  She is a pitbull mix with an Australian Shepherd. She is very hyper. She never gets tired. She’s very big but she’s only one year old.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
My other brother Alex he was born at Eisenhower Hospital in Rancho on Mirage June 19th,1997.  He’s 20 years old.  His favorite sport is soccer.  He is a very good soccer player he inspired me to play soccer.  He is a hard worker, he has two jobs, and he graduated from Palm Desert High School.  Also, he’s going to school to be a firefighter.  He first wants to work in the ambulance.  He likes to go to the gym like my brother Carlos.  He is an awesome brother.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
My dad's name is Carlos. He was born in Mexico San Benito Mocorito Sinaloa. His birthday is on March 16th, 1967 he is 50 years old.  He lived in San Benito.  He has 1 one brother and 5 sisters a total of  8 people, now only 7 people because his dad passed away when he was 10 years old.  He really wanted to be a teacher in Mexico, but he had to stop going to school by the age of 13 to sell bread for his mother because money was tight. He is now a cook,  he has 2 jobs right now, at Morton's Steakhouse and  Toscana Country club. He worked in LG's Steakhouse, Avondale Country Club and worked in Don Diego's Mexican food. He is a great cook.


My mom’s  name is Maria. She was born Sinaloa, Mexico.  She was born in her house because the hospital was too far away from where she was living. But luckily there was a lady from where she lived that delivers babies for people in labor.  She is 45 years old.  Her birthday is April 21, 1972.  She works at Marriott Desert Spring Villas vacation club.  She has three brothers and two sisters.  One of her brothers passed away at the age 39.  My mom graduated from High school and after that, she got married to my dad.


In conclusion, my family and ancestors are known for having a great character and hardworking traits.  I'm thankful for my family, every one of them.  They have always pushed me to succeed, to never give up, and to aim high.  My legacy is to pursue an education because my parents didn't get the chance to.  I wish I can follow my dreams and be successful in life.