The Day She Was Born | Teen Ink

The Day She Was Born

October 20, 2017

On January 25, 2017 the sunshine to my gloomy days was born. Her name is Evelyn and she is a wonderful baby girl. She holds a very special place in my heart in which i never want to let go. Sometimes she can be a pain but even through all of that, I still love her.


Evelyn is a 8 month old baby and i love her. She is what some people might call a mistake, but that doesn’t make her any less special. The reason i call her a “mistake” is because she was. Her father,aka my brother, doesn’t love her. He doesn’t want her but he’s forced to take care of her while Evelyns mother is at work. I don’t understand why he doesn’t have that kind of affection towards his own flesh and blood. And the thought of Evelyn leaving my life forever keeps me up at night. I dont want her to slip away from my life, I want her to stay in my life and I want to watch her grow up.


Like I said Evelyn hold a special place in my heart because she is my niece and my family eventhough she’s not wanted by her father. Most of the time its just me and my parents taking care of her but we dont mind. I just wished that she had that strong father figure to always rely on when she needs help. Both her mother and father were not prepared to have a child and the worst part is that Evelyns parent arent even together. They never even liked eachother in the first place. My brother was under the influence of something and found himself with a random girl.


Although Evelyn was technically a mistake and eventhough I am just her uncle, I still love her with all my heart. I dont want to be separated from her just because her dumb dad doesn’t love her. I forever want to have a memory of my dear baby niece Evelyn.