The Start | Teen Ink

The Start

October 13, 2017
By Anonymous

So this is kind of personal, but I think I feel confident enough to tell this story. It’s one of my firsts… the first guy I ever talked to. I’m just going to jump right into it so hang in there and try to follow along. It was a typical hot summer day in Auburn New York.It was July 21st, 2016 and I was ready to go camping like I always do every summer. My family goes to the same place as some of our friends do, so we all decided one year to go together. So we got there and one of my friends was standing there waiting for me to get out of the truck.I did that and i just sat down with him. We caught up and talked for a while but then as usual, we go separate ways. We spend about 3 days there so there’s a lot of time to catch up. So my friend and I talked for those three days and we had a great time… unfortunately, the trip went fast and we had to go home.    July 24th, 2016 was the start of something amazing… and when I say amazing, I mean super spectacular. I was on my way home from camp as I said earlier and my friend and I kept texting each other. At the time I didn't know what was going on. I was just this 14 year old girl looking for attention. But days kept passing and we couldn’t stop talking to each other and I loved it. Before you knew it, we were sort of celebrating our “anniversaries”. Or at least that’s what we called them. Every month on the 24th we would be all happy because we got to spend yet another amazing month with each other. But all of a sudden October came around… and everything changed. He had told me that he loved me for the first time ever. And I of course said it back and I meant it too.At the age of 14 I didn’t think it was possible for me to love someone. I had friends with boyfriends and all I would hear was “Oh my god! I’m in love!”. And I always thought it was fake, and for most of them, it was fake. So after seeing how all of my friends thought they were in love but really weren’t, just made me think I wasn’t capable of loving someone, or vice versa.           

 

This guy made my life worth living, and he still does today. He saved me. He made me realize everything wasn’t all about me. Made me realize I do have something to live for in life. And I’m so in love with him it’s unreal. Never do I ever want to lose him. He’s always on my mind, day and night. I love him. I really hope that every girl get to have this kind of relationship. One where you don’t get hurt, one where it’s all happy and positive. Everyone deserves happiness, and thankfully he’s mine.


The author's comments:

It is very personal... but i am very glad i wrote it.