Amore | Teen Ink

Amore

By Reebeejane BRONZE, Auburn, New York
Reebeejane BRONZE, Auburn, New York

September 6th, 2015.  The rambunctious blaring of my alarm clock immediately jarred me out of my sleep. It went off in the slightest breezes of the morning forcing my inner self to realize “It’s the first day of school….*sigh*….” I hopped out of bed and headed straight to the bathroom. I took a lukewarm shower, threw on some clothes, and anxiously ran out the door. I reached school and the hallways were crowded with people, the chaos was so perfect, it was like a movie. As I walk down the hallway there was a couple making out on my left and cliquey girls gossiping about their summer on my right. Then there was me. Nobody has been interested in me affably nor romantically. To be honest, it was quite isolated, but I’ve lived with it for the past seven years, so why stop now?  I leafed through my schedule. The first period: Technology, Drastal. I abhor Technology class. No, I didn’t feel an annoyance with the teacher. And no, I didn’t feel any indignation or irritability towards any of my fellow classmates. It was just a topic I wasn’t very fond of. Nevertheless, I took a glance of my school map and followed the route to Mr.Drastals room. I traipse to my seat. As other people stroll through the door I noticed someone. Is he new? He’s mesmerizing. Oh, those crisp blue eyes that shine in the moonlight. That disheveled black hair that blends with the night sky. The light brown freckles that form a constellation across his cheeks. He had a smile that was so universal even an infant knows it by heart. I was trying to listen to Mr.Drastals initiation, but my mind just obstructed his voice. I knew I had to say something otherwise my body would inhale nothing but regret. I asked him how his day was going so far, but he didn’t say much. I looked down at the tabletop hoping he was looking at me. And better yet, he was. His gaze was fully oriented towards me. My face flushed with ruddiness. I could tell he was gaining interest in me. I scribbled my number in his agenda seconds before the bell rang. Scratch what I said earlier, I admire technology class...There may be someone interested in me.

May 23rd, 2016. We’ve been talking for quite some time now, and I’ve never been happier. His personality is somewhat reserved, but still generous and kind. He is also thoughtful, so it makes me pleased to know he cares about others. He is curious about everything and isn’t easily deceived. I’ve been waiting for weeks for him to ask me out but I couldn’t take it anymore. The tension was nearly insufferable. I instinctively called him at nearly ten o’clock in the evening to ask him six simple words; “Will you go out with me?” I asked him desperately. He sighed in relief and said “It’s about time...of course I will.” I’ve never felt so pleased. Later that night, we talked for hours about anything that slid into our vigorous minds. I glanced at my phone and realized it was midnight… “Is it really 12’am?” I asked reluctantly. He responded softly and proclaimed that we should go to bed. “Goodnight, beautiful,” he whispered. “Goodnight, my love,” I uttered. I ended the call and wandered into thought. How did I get so lucky?

May 23rd, 2017.  It’s nearly been a year and a half and all I can say is...well...I have no words to describe of how far we have come together. Our conversations went from “Hey, what’s up?” to “Hey baby, how was your day?” Our kiss went from short and sweet to long and intimate. Our dates went from simple to sensational. Our trust went from standard to indestructible. Our relationship started out as a lifelong dream and quickly became a reality of our own.

September 15th, 2017. I have never expected to fall for him or give him my number. Not at all did I expect to go out on my first date with him or share my first kiss with him. Not for a moment did I expect him to mean so much to me nor did I expect to fall in love. The heart sees what is unidentifiable to the eye. That's why they say, when you least expect it, love happens.