Mi Amor | Teen Ink

Mi Amor

October 13, 2017
By DavidB987 BRONZE, Auburn, New York
DavidB987 BRONZE, Auburn, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I was in a deep sleep, then all of a sudden my alarm started blaring. The beeping seemed to linger in my head repeating itself over and over again like a broken record. I woke up half asleep and confused and realized today was my first day of school being an eighth grader. I headed to the bathroom to take a refreshing shower. After I hopped out of the shower I went over to my dresser and frantically dug through all my clothes. I figured I should wear something presentable and stylish so I chose a black and gray shirt with a pair of khaki shorts. I got dressed, packed up my bookbag and headed out the door to catch the bus. 
      

We finally made it to the school it felt like it took an eternity. When we arrived at school it was very crowded and chaotic. I felt alone and awkward because there wasn't anyone I really associated with. There's always been the different groups. The nerds and preps, the loners and then the people who are quiet, do their work and are good students. I guess that's the category I fall in I never hung out with anyone except my close friends. My whole life I've wondered what it would be like to have a serious relationship that’s my own. No one has ever had a crush on me and I've never had a serious girlfriend before it's like I was my own category. I've never known what it feels like to be in love with someone. A couple weeks had passed bye and I have to say my favorite class is Technology because there's this really cute girl in my class. We started talking and sharing more about ourselves. Soon we became best friends.
      

It's now the end of May. We hit it off very well ever since the beginning of school. She's the first female friend I've ever had. My feelings for her are out of this world, I care about her so much and would do anything for her. I'm in love with her. Yesterday we had technology class, she looked absolutely stunning. Her hair had a strong smell of daisies in the spring. Her long locks were like a flowing golden river. Her face was sweet and youthful. Her complexion was as fair as a full moon. Her beautiful brown eyes glistened in the light. Something amazing happened she looked at me different as if to say I love you. My stomach permeated with butterflies and my face flushed with a rosy tint. I noticed she expelled a flirtatious laugh as she looked at me. We seemed like we were destined to be together. At the end of class her friend approached me and claimed that she wanted to be something more. I was shocked, I couldn't believe she developed mutual feelings for me as I did her. I approached her and questioned if it was true. She stated it was and that she has always had feelings for me ever since day one. I told her that I've had feelings for her ever since I met her. She squealed with excitement. She invited me to walk home with her and I said I'd love too. Right before the bell rang for our next class she wrote down her number in my agenda book. Later that night she cheerfully inquired to be my new girlfriend. I contentedly responded of course.
      

It's nearly been a year and a half and I have completely fallen for her. She's my everything, my life, my pride and joy. I would do anything in the world for her. If I had to go broke and spend my last dime on her, I would. We’ve had so many first times like our first date and kiss. Our first time saying I love you. We've made so many amazing memories together over the past year and a half, I can't wait to make more in the future. I never expected to give her the key to my heart or to yearn an eternity together. But most of all, I never expected to share a love that started off so small and later blossomed into something so beautiful. It’s true what Dr. Seuss said, “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” Now my reality has been fulfilled because she’s the girl I've always dreamt of.