The Need for Friends | Teen Ink

The Need for Friends

October 9, 2017
By NickRos BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
NickRos BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Friends, and we are not talking about those who claim to be your friend, and then leave you, or stab you in the back when things get hard, but the ones that are always there for you when you need them the most. You eventually will find these important people in your your life. For me It happened at the beginning of my sophomore year of high school.

 

The beginning of the 2017/2018 school year started off well, with marching season started, I got into a relationship, I caught up with some of my friends, including one of my friends who happened to be my ex. Then came the beginning of the actual school year. Almost immediately, I started having people telling me that my girlfriend was cheating on me. But did I didn’t listen to them. I didn’t want to believe them. Then one of my close friends came up and told me the same exact thing.

 

That is when the drama, pain, and sadness truly started. After My friend talked to me, I went to my ex I went to her because I knew that I could trust her, and I asked her for her advice. The next day I approached my girlfriend about what i had been being told, and immediately i knew something was wrong. She would not answer my questions, and was trying to make me feel sad, so I told her we needed a break. She kept trying to play with my emotions though, and to keep me from taking a break from that relationship. So once again, i turned to my friends those that i knew i could trust, and asked for their advice.

 

They gave me their advice. That I needed to stay away from that, and not go back to it. So that is what I did I told Jennifer* that we were never going to be getting back together, and that we were done. The next day she asked to walk home with me, so I asked Amber, my ex, what I should do, which she said I should walk home and see what Jennifer had to say. That day, I walked with Jennifer, and she finally admitted that she was cheating on me.

 

Once again, I went to Amber, and she told me that I need to just stay away from Jennifer. Now that is what I am doing, and I am working hard to fix damage that I did, because I hurt some of my close friends, because I didn’t want to believe them. I also learned how important friends are. No matter how much you might think that you can make it on your own, you will always need at least a few close friends.

 

*ALL NAMES CHANGED FOR PRIVACY OF ALL PERSONS