What Is FFA? | Teen Ink

What Is FFA?

Dear Jimbob,

The FFA organization, also known as (future farmers of america), FFA is an intra curricular student organization for those interested in agriculture and leadership. It is one of three components of agricultural education.

FFA dates as far back as the late 1920’s when students from 18 states gathered in Kansas City, MO., to form the (Future Farmers of America). The roots of FFA originate from a time when boys were losing interest and leaving the farm. Walter S. Newman, who in september 1925 became the virginia state supervisor of Agricultural Education, sought a solution to the problem with Edmund C. Groseclose, staff members of the virginia Polytechnic Institute Agricultural Education Department.

As a farmer you are a major part of the FFA organization because you own crops. Being a farmer, you are probably very good at identifying plants, which also a form of contest that we attend through the year. You are an amazing role model for so many young people, not only in this town, but across our country. So many people want to experience your everyday life as a farmer.

Also we have Livestock Shows where kids raise animals and present them to judges all over the county,state, and country. You are a major contributor to these types of events.You may even supply animals for these events. Such as:Swine,Heifers,Steers,Goat, Lambs,Rabbits,Broilers, Roosters,Peacocks,Ducks, Geese,Pheasant,and many more.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read this informational document describing the not only the history but what FFA is as a whole. Have a good day!!!

ThankYou,

Jonny