The Memorable Night | Teen Ink

The Memorable Night

By Vanessa21 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
Vanessa21 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

Throughout  life  there  are  going  to  be  a  lot  of  important  moments.  So  far  in  my  life  I  haven't  had  many  that  are  important  because  I'm  still young.  So  I  suppose  one  of  the  most  important  moment  in my  life  was  when  I  was laying  in  bed  just  thinking  about myself  and  how  I   needed  to  change  myself  to be  what  I wanted.

No  doubt  it  sounds  strange, but  that  night  I  realized  what  others  think  of  me  shouldn't  have  importance.  I  know  it  still  sounds  strange  because  why did  I  even  care  in  the  first  place.  Well  it  all  started  in  elementary  school  mean  compliments,  but  it  didn't  bother  me  because  at first  I  didn't  care.  Then,  I  would  start  to  think  about  all  things  they  would  say  and  I  felt  like  I  needed  to  change  who  I  was  to  make  them  stop  and  like  me.  That  being  the  case,  I  always  compared  myself  to  others  and  I  started  to  pretend  to  be  things  that  I'm  not.  After  that  I  don’t  think  anything  really  much  because  they  would  still  say  mean  things,  but  I  continued  to  pretend.  Then  middle  school  came  and  I  met  new  people  and  I  thought  that  maybe  this  year  I  could  start  all  over.  The  entire  school  year  I  was  doing  well  in  my  classes  and  it  was  good  year.  Three  months  later  seventh  grade  came  and  it  was  way  different  than  sixth  grade.  That  year  I  towards  half  of  the  school  year  I  started  to  change  myself  again.  Despite  that  this  change  wasn't  a  pleasant  change.  I  would  always  think  negative  and  stress  myself  about  school  and  that’s  when  my  grades  weren't  that  good.  I  wouldn’t  care  about  anything  related  to school,  but  somehow I  still managed  to  pass  all  my  classes.

Now  this  summer  going  into  eight  grade  it  was  that  one  night  that  I  realized  that  I  needed  to  change  to  who  I  would  like  to  be.  I  was  thinking  about  all  these  thoughts  and  now  I  know  that  being  myself  is  more  important  than  trying  to  impress  everyone.  Finally  took  me  so  long  to  realize  it,  but  that  night  I  realized  other  things  about  myself  and  I  know  now  who  I  am  and  what  I  would  like  to  be.  Even  if  I  don’t  succeed  at  everything  I  still  try  my  best  because  of  that  one  important  moment.