4 Letters

June 13, 2016 10:25pm
I’m over him. I’m not just now figuring that out, I did a long time ago. Even though people say you’re never over your first love, to me that's wrong. Will you still love them? Maybe. Will you still think of them from time to time? Most definitely. What is LOVE? It’s just a four letter word. But within this four letter word, there’s millions of emotions flowing out of these letters. This measly four letter word can cause so much happiness and so much pain. It all depends on the person saying it and how it’s said. It could be the start of something beautiful. “I love you”. That one phrase could mean anything and everything at the same time. It’s the start of a friendship between two strangers. A relationship that has gone well since the beginning. It could also be the end of that star that has found its way into your eye. “I never loved you”, can ruin everything that was built. From long term friendships to long term relationships. There are other words such as “always”. “ I will always be there” could turn into “ It was always her/him”. So why does a simple word like love have such an affect on us? Because it’s thrown around too lightly to be considered a seriously complicated word. This word can be obtained as the truth or another lie. Though it looks like such a harmless word, it is deceiving. This one word holds so much power, but yet it’s wasted like a stick of gum. They take a piece out and chew just to spit it out and take another.