Positivity | Teen Ink

Positivity

September 26, 2017
By Dannachattha BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
Dannachattha BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Petrified for my first day of highschool, I dragged myself out of the car. Immediately I regret my decision, but as soon as I turn around to get back in the car my mom is gone. Little did I know that was the best thing she could’ve done.
 

It was my first day of highschool, and I was the new kid. My mom pulled up to my high school. I see in bright bold letters “It’s a great day to be a pioneer”. This made my insides cringe. My eyes as wide as saucers, I stared at this giant school, while listening to my mom reassure me my day will be great.
 

I finally built up the courage to get out of the car, and go into the school. Most of the day was me scrambling to all of my classes and despising every second of it, until seventh period. My seventh period was a class called “human services”, which was basically a life skills class. I sat next to this girl who looked very peachy,
 

Me and her had a wonderful conversation and found out that we had so much in common. Now me and her are best friends. After that situation I have come to find that thinking positively will make your life better and, even whenever you are going through a tough time things will always get improve.
 

A recent study done by professors says that “happy people” are more satisfied with their jobs, and report having greater autonomy in their duties. Being optimistic has shown to improve one's mental health. Some studies have even shown that having a positive outlook on life strengthens the immune system, cardiovascular system, and the body's ability to handle stress. People spend too much time worrying about the bad, and not focusing on the good that can come out of it.


The author's comments:

I hope people apply this to their daily lives.