Always Take Care of Your Body | Teen Ink

Always Take Care of Your Body

September 26, 2017
By gmoney123 BRONZE, Saginaw, Texas
gmoney123 BRONZE, Saginaw, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

November 13, 2015 was terrifying day me and my family, It was the middle of the week of my 8th grade year, when we found out… the phone began ringing I look down it was my grandma. My heart was pounding and I began sweating because I knew this call was very important.
 

She began telling us about how she had to rush into the hospital. She found out that, she has cancer that’s why she’s been so sick, in a way her cancer was slowly killing us too. I tried to speak but it was like my mouth was sewn together tears began pouring down my face. The doctors quickly began her on kemo and lots of medicines. She went in to the hospital about two to three times a week. She had to stop doing all the activities that she loved doing because she had very low energy. The cancer after of many weeks of suffering, the cancer finally was gone.


While my grandma had cancer I learned many different facts about this disease. The doctor gave us a packet it had lots of facts about cancer, the first thing I saw was about 12.7 million people are diagnosed with cancer every year. The next one I saw it said 7. 6 people die from it every year. This disease is very serious but can easily be prevented, in addition the doctors said if you take care of your bodies such as exercising and eating healthy, therefore you can prevent this disease from entering your body.


Watching my grandma fight through cancer and learning so much about it has completely changed my mindset. I know now how serious cancer is and how many peoples families are effected, and how important it is to take care of your bodies such as staying fit and eating healthy.