Fourth Grade | Teen Ink

Fourth Grade

By katelinn_pointer BRONZE, Saginaw, Texas
katelinn_pointer BRONZE, Saginaw, Texas

Even as immature fourth graders, easily they could tell the difference between right and wrong. When doing something wrong, but not knowing it, they would continue to do so until told otherwise.

The second week of fourth grade, going into history class, the teacher makes an announcement.” Alright class, we have a new student and her name is Caitlyn.” Instantly we became “best friends”, or what we thought being best friends meant in fourth grade. We did everything together choir, school plays and even ate lunch down by the playground.as our friendship blossomed however, Caitlyn began to control my every move as a puppeteer would, eventually shoving me violently to the ground. Caitlyn didn’t realize that what she was doing was wrong and unacceptable, so she continued to bully me.

I unfortunately fell under the seventeen percentile of students who are bullied two or more times a month. With Caitlyn constantly breathing down my neck and calling me harsh words that no one should ever say, other children began to notice. In fact, seventy one percent of students see bullying as a problem in their schools.
Towards the end of the year the bullying became so unbearable that I had to tell someone, the teacher. He sent her to the principal’s office quickly where the principle ended up calling her parents and talking to them about the situation. Caitlyn’s parents immediately took action by grounding her and having a discussion with her on why bullying is unacceptable.

Situations like this are unacceptable however, more and more kids become victims of bullying every day. The more people there are to stop it and help this situation, the better our lives as a whole will be. Just think, the people that bullied others in school continued to do so because they weren’t told otherwise.so, if others told bullies how terrible bullying is, there might not be as many bullies in today’s school systems or workplaces.

i hope people learn/realize that bullying is wrong and should not be happening so often in our schools