The Hardest Goodbye | Teen Ink

The Hardest Goodbye

September 15, 2017
By foodlol76 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
foodlol76 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 I never thought this day would ever come. The day a piece of my heart was gone. That day, when I had to say goodbye to her, I finally felt the meaning of a “broken heart”. My heart wasn’t broken because of a boy, but because of the fact that I had to get through my head that I was never going to see my best friend again.

   

I woke up that morning thinking my day was going to be like every other day, but sadly, it wasn’t.  When I got to school, I saw Brenda in the office. She had told me she had to talk to the counselor.  I assume that it wasn’t a big deal, but I was wrong. When I got to class, Brenda was missing. Then ten minutes passed, Brenda walked into class with no uniform and with books in her hand, she then gave them to the teacher. I was confused I didn’t know what was happening. Brenda came up to me with tears in her eyes. I got really nervous. What was happening? “I’m moving schools” those where her words. At that moment, I felt like my life was coming apart. All I wanted to do was cry and hug her forever. But I was in shock; I couldn’t talk nor move. Brenda did the same, she stayed quiet and didn’t move. She gave me some papers and asked me to keep them or burn them. Brenda then turned around and left. I was trying really hard not to cry, because I felt like people were going to laugh at me, because no one really understood my pain.
   

Finally, five minutes before class ended, she knocked on the window. I opened the window and she told me “I’m going to miss you”. She handed me her JCC uniform and asked me to turn it in for her, then off she went again. Minutes later, the bell rang. I found one of my friends and the tears I was holding back finally came out. The feeling of my life coming apart was painful.


It’s been six long months since this happened. But I will never forget about Brenda. I wish one day I get the chance to see her again. I hope she never forgets me because I know I won’t.  I really wish she can read this story one day. Remember to treasure what you have before its gone.


The author's comments:

i hope this article to make people understand that they should treasure what they have before its gone.