A Summer to Remember | Teen Ink

A Summer to Remember

By jazz.y__ BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
jazz.y__ BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas

Summer. We hear this word all the time. So, I’ll tell you what I think summer means to me. Summer is the most definitely a break from school! It’s also time to go on new adventures to new places with friends and family. Make memories and new friends that I will never forget.

This summer I went to two camps: Dixie Band Camp and Frontlines (Color Guard Camp). They were really fun and it was a lot of hard work. Also, marching practices started in July. The last thing I did this summer was travel to Branson, Missouri, with one of my best friends, Morgan Scott. We went to Silver Dollar City and rode many amazing roller coasters. And of course we did lots of shopping too.

Looking back on my summer, I had an amazing time. From hanging out with friends, to sitting by a campfire roasting marshmallows, and watching Netflix. Just by a few of the many things I enjoyed. It means a lot to us teenagers because we have freedom, well most of the time. We get to experience many new things over the summer. Creating these new memories, adventures, and making new friends that will last a lifetime.