This Summer... | Teen Ink

This Summer...

August 9, 2017
By QueenIsland123 BRONZE, Dubai, Other
QueenIsland123 BRONZE, Dubai, Other
4 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
It always seem impossible until it is done -Nelson Mandela


This summer I have a learnt a lot. This summer I have made new experiences and memories that will stay with me forever. This summer has changed me in ways that I didn't think I could be changed. I have met cool people who will forever stay in my heart.

This past school year was super hard for me as it is for most teenagers. I was bullied, had nasty rumours spread about me and lost most of my friends. This past year has been pretty awful for me and I have shed many tears but if there is one good thing that came from this experience is that it made me stronger. It made me learn who my true friends are and how to know if your friends are fake.

This summer I have learnt how to care less about what people think about me. Being a teenager myself, I know how we all care what people think about us and we all want to be liked. However, you don't need to be liked by everyone, you don't need to be popular to be a great person! I would rather have 5 true friends then 15 fake friends. I have realised that people are going to talk about you behind your back wether you like it or not. It’s a part of being a teenager but it’s important to realise that you don't need fake friends. This past year I have cut so many toxic people out of my life because they are just negative energy in my life. I have been so much happier in life since I have cut out these toxic people and surround myself with people who make me happy. Don't spend time with fake friends just because you want to look cooler.

This summer I have learnt how to be comfortable in my own skin which is so important. It is so important to know that you are beautiful in your own way. Everybody is beautiful for someone. Beauty doesn't come from the outside but from the inside. I have found that if you have a positive outlook and you always smile, it makes you 1000x prettier. Confidence is also so beautiful! I work out a lot because it makes me happy. I also eat healthy but I also eat a lot of chocolate because I love chocolate. If you aren't happy with your body then stop moaning about it and do something. If you want abs then work for them, don't just sit there and hope that they will appear. Don't let someone tell you wether your beautiful or not! If your happy and comfortable with your body then own it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There will always be people out there who will try to bring you down but ignore them. I have become super comfortable in my own body and i have learnt to ignore people who try to bring me down. The most important thing is that you are happy and comfortable.

This summer I have learnt how to say no. That might sound so stupid but it is so important that you are bale to say no and mean no. Don't let anyone try to pressure you into doing something that you don't want to do! If you don't want to do something then put your foot down and say no! No one has the right what to tell you what to do. Peer pressure is so extremely common in the teenage years but I have learnt how to say no and mean it. You don't need to do anything that you don't feel comfortable doing!!!

This summer I have learnt that I shouldn't trust everybody so easily. I used to trust everybody with everything which I shouldn't have. I know only trust my super close friends and I don't tell anyone something that I don't want to share. You don't owe ANYONE any information about your life that you don't want to share!

Remember, you are beautiful in every way and you don't need to change yourself for anyone!!


The author's comments:

I am only 13 and at the beggining of my teenage years but I have been through so much this past year, made so many new experiences and I have learnt so much!