This I Believe | Teen Ink

This I Believe

June 9, 2017
By cassidycollins5 BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
cassidycollins5 BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason” (Pinterest). There are more than enough sayings, beliefs, and aphorisms that people live by in their day to day lives. Life may seem like a tough struggle now, but in the long run, things will always turn out right. There is a plan for everyone, even if it looks like things are going to turn out bad. Good things will come to those who wait. My belief is that everything happens for a reason; the good and the bad. I believe that everyone should live their life to the fullest of their potential because all of the hard times will prepare us to be the best version of ourselves.


Since I could walk, I have played soccer. Soccer is something that I live and breathe, and it is an extremely important part of my life. All summer leading up to my freshman year, I trained and practiced every single day. Not many seniors had graduated the previous year, so the spots were limited. At tryouts, I gave it my all and worked as hard as I could to try and earn my spot on the team. We found out the teams we made, and I made the JV team. I was beyond upset about this. I wanted to make varsity as soccer was my strong and most important sport. Looking back on this, I truly believe the outcome was for the better. While playing on JV, I was able to get a starting role and play entire games at a competitive level. Whereas, if I was on varsity, I probably would have spent more time on the bench and not experienced soccer at a high level of play with older and stronger opponents. I believe that my experience playing JV soccer my freshman year was beneficial and helped me in the long run. The next year I was prepared and ready to compete at the varsity level.


When lacrosse came around, I tried out for the team and was put on Varsity. Unfortunately, I had to miss the first ten days of the season because I was going on vacation. I informed my coach, and she told me to expect my playing time to be affected when i returned. Like she said, my playing time decreased. I played limited minutes for my first few games back. I decided to not let this affect my mindset and I worked to my limits. I was at practice everyday working to my full potential and doing everything she asked. By the end of the season, I had a starting job and played the whole entire game for the last seven games. I believe this experience pushed me to my limits and let me prove myself to be the best player and teammate I could be. Missing these games helped me and I believe this experience  happened for a reason: to prove to myself how good I could be.


In my life, and in everyone’s life, things happen. Sometimes they will be good, sometimes they will be bad, but they all have a purpose for happening. Nothing happens by accident. Bad experiences will eventually pass and good things will come from them. I believe that everyone should always have a positive mindset and a willingness to succeed in life. In life, everything happens for a reason.