You Exist But Are You Truly Living? | Teen Ink

You Exist But Are You Truly Living?

I am a sad girl. I have lived in the slums of mental health and worked my way past the pretty picket fences that I jumped over like hurdles. A lot of us are sad people. It’s in our nature to feel emotions based on what we do. For some of us, living make us sad. For others, thinking about not living makes us sad. We know we exist, but are we living? What does that mean, to exist but to not live? Existing means to be be here, to have actual being. If you really think about it, it’s hard to wrap your head around. Everyone exists, but not everyone lives. To live means to have meaning in your existence, to be thriving and to be active, to feel emotion and to be able to comprehend it. Being alive means being human. To live, to love, to laugh, to feel, to be alive means to feel and experience the world. To be alive is to feel the beat of the music in your heart and to dance like you’ve never danced before. To be alive is to see the beauty in other humans and to get your heart broken, over and over again. To be alive is to create art and live in it, to be and to feel beautiful because being alive is beautiful.To be alive, you must realize you were once just simply existing. Everyone was born existing, only you can chose to live. Only you can chose to see in color instead of black and white. There is so much more out there, for you, for me, for everyone. Stop simply existing and start living the extraordinary life you were meant to have.