Global Warming | Teen Ink

Global Warming

By joeysscreen BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
joeysscreen BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts

Look outside, take a long look,just think what would the world be like without trees,birds, blue sky,grass. We might just have to think about it like that because it might become a reality.Our world might become a world the way Geronomish Bosch picture was.Geronomish Bosch was a painter who painted many remarkable pieces one being The Garden of Earthly Delights.It is now held in a museum in Madrid Spain.In the painting you can't help but notice the three different worlds and it seems we might be heading towards the world of dark and unknown. I don't think people realize how global warming is affecting us today and the long terrible lives we might be leaving for our children.

The pollution we throw in the ocean is twice the size of Texas just imagine how many animals that is probably killing.Texas is big enough!But twice the size of that! How would you like it if someone came to your house and threw trash all over your house and it smelled and you didn't have any way to pick it up.Well that's what we are doing to the animals.It is estimated that within 100 years there will be no more rainforests.Trees are an essential way for us to get oxygen and if we have no rainforests it will be tough living!Lastly the United States consumes more oil than any other country and burns the second most coal/fossil fuels next to china.Burning of fossil fuels may break down the earth's atmosphere so that we don't have any protection from the sun.Have you seen china lately! Well that's where we are heading.

So why do we still continue to throw trash and pollute the oceans,because it's the easy thing to do.Why do we still burn coal? Because coal makes money! Anything that makes money no matter what it is even if it is killing our environment!We still do it!

Most people would say that it isn't a problem because it helps our economy.But I think we have to relize there won't be any economy if we can't live in our environment.In fact I believe it might be hurting our economy think about it the pollution in our air is leading to terrible health conditions like asthma could be at such a high risk.People most at risk from breathing air containing ozone include people with asthma, children, older adults, and people who are active outdoors, especially outdoor workers. In addition, people with certain genetic characteristics, and people with reduced intake of certain nutrients, such as vitamins C and E, are at greater risk from ozone exposure.Also species of animal are dying off or are killing at home pets because they are no longer able to live in their habitat because it's either been cut down or it's food supply is gone.Around the world, 15 billion trees are being cut down each year. The destruction of important wildlands is displacing communities, endangering habitats of rare and endangered plants and animals, and negatively affecting the environment.

So after reading this I would hope you have decided that this needs taking action and it isn't gonna be just one person we need everyone to come as one and cut out global warming!