Faith in Prayer | Teen Ink

Faith in Prayer

Religion is something I am very passionate about. I love God and openly accept Him. I also enjoy going to Church. I don't go as often as I should but when I do, it's always memorable. I am Baptist but have many family members who are Catholic. This is a story of one of the memorable experiences I encountered at Church.

About 2 months ago, I was going through a hard time balancing school with my personal life. I was extremely stressed and actually hated myself I was so self conscious. I had been building up the courage to finally ask for prayer at my Church, The MET. After service was over, I waited about 10 minutes to meet with a Church member. The guy was older and extremely nice and comforting. I told him everything that was wrong, accidentally letting tears escape my eyes. He began to pray with me and that's when everything changed.

As his words escaped his lips, it was one of the most powerful things I've ever experienced. The whole prayer lasted about 10 minutes and the longer it lasted, the more my legs began to shake and I started getting light headed.

Soon after I started to notice my life taking a change for the better. I became more confident about myself and my future career. The power of prayer is unbelievable. I'm so grateful to have a God as awesome as mine.