Mars Bar | Teen Ink

Mars Bar

By joeyt112 BRONZE, Park Ridge, Illinois
joeyt112 BRONZE, Park Ridge, Illinois

Every summer my family and I rent a house in Delavan Wisconsin. It is one week of fishing, skiing, tubing, and eating great food. We have been going up to Delavan since I was born and it has always been one of my favorite parts of Summer. One night out of the week in Wisconsin we head to our favorite restaurant, Mars Bar is located on Lake Como and it has my favorite fried chicken. As you walk into the restaurant the smell of great barbecue is in the air. We sit down after a long wait and order our food, I had ordered my usual fried chicken and was anxiously waiting for it to come out. The restaurant was very busy and I would see table after table of people getting served their meals. My family was patiently waiting and finally we saw our food coming. I looked at the waiter walking at us with my fried chicken still steaming on the plate and plates of ribs that looked amazing. We watched the waiter slowly work his way toward our table, I could see his foot get caught up on a chair below him and he went down, along with all of our food. We were devastated when we saw this, after all the anticipation and waiting for nothing. Barbecue sauce and fried chicken were splattered all over the floor. I thought that we would be headed home with no food when the waiter embarrassingly walked away but thankfully he came back soon. He came back with another full platter of food and all our faces lit up, we had finally got to dig in and it was everything we had hoped for. I had finally got to enjoy my favorite meal and I was ecstatic. The rest of the night and the rest of the trip was great, and even though we were almost sent home hungry my family will still be going to Mars Bar for many summers to come.