Savior | Teen Ink

Savior

At first, It was my team and I just sitting in our little locker room. We were banging on the lockers as hard our hands could handle. Then the music started playing. “BOOM! HERE COMES THE BOOM, I DON’T REALLY WANT IT NOW.” Then, we sprinted out of the locker rooms at full speed. The team was so intimidated by our appearance. We were screaming and yelling chants to get our team and the crowd fired up. Then, it was kickoff time.

My buddy Shawn got the ball on kickoff and ran it back to the 50 yardline. We knew the game was going to be a blow out. It was then that Bryce Thoman ran the ball in for a touchdown. He ran down the field so fast I could feel the wind. Then the bright shiny scoreboard lit up with a score of 7-0 after the extra point.

Later, the score was 28-28 with 30 seconds left in the game. The opposing team had the ball. We were so nervous. If we didn’t pull this game of we would be done our season and we also wouldn’t be going to the championship. I knew what I had to do.

I stepped in as linebacker right before they snapped the ball. The play was in action. The quarterback had nobody open so he ran himself. He dashed past just about my whole team. Finally it was just me and him.

Before he tried to do a little juke move on me I went right up to him and slammed my body into him. He collapsed in a matter of seconds but I was still standing like an enormous oak tree. I knew he wasn’t getting up after that hit because he started crying. That's when the whole crowd started yelling and screaming with joy until their throats hurt. I could feel the joy shooting all throughout my body. I was shaking like a leaf on tree because of the impact.

“That's what I'm talking about Nassar!” exclaimed my coach

“Nice job Nassar!” screamed my team. I could feel the adrenaline running through my body.

I knew he wasn’t getting up. It was all up to me. If I didn’t pull it off I would have let me and my team down. I was congratulated by what seemed like everyone for what I had done. I don’t know if I could have been any more proud with myself.

That's when I felt so proud of myself. After we took the W, we were ready for the championship. This play affected me because I realized how good I was at football and it changed the way people looked at me. It also made me feel a lot better about myself and made me feel very confident. I started to realize that if I didn't make that hit our team would not be going to the championship

Has to do with a football game I was in that I might a game changing play!