I Believe Nothing Is Impossible | Teen Ink

I Believe Nothing Is Impossible

By BRB747 SILVER, Clarkston, Michigan
BRB747 SILVER, Clarkston, Michigan

I believe that everything is possible. No matter what anybody says, nothing is not achievable. You could be playing the best soccer team in the world, and still win. You could try and make a half-court shot, backward, but you can still do it. (It happened at a Detroit Pistons basketball game. Look it up. :) No matter what anyone says, nothing is impossible.

If you think something is impossible, it is, but if you believe, you will accomplish your goal. For example, when the IPOD came out everybody in the world was floored. The idea that you could listen to and have more than 1 piece of music, without having to change the tape constantly, was life-changing. And thanks to the internet we can now access a very large amount of data simply by clicking a button. But 70 years ago, this would have been “impossible”. But thanks to those few people who said it was possible, it is now a normal thing in our life.

Impossible is just saying I´m possible. In 5th grade, I did the spelling bee at my school. I studied every night for it with my sister, and after 2 long weeks of studying, it was finally here.When I got there, I saw that there were about 60 people doing it. Wow! I started to get nervous. My friends, too, also started to get nervous, but I believed I could still win it, and after about 10 rounds, only 3 remained, including me. The other contestants both got it wrong, and I just had to get the last word right. I nervously walked up to the podium and received my word. “Your word is monochrome.” “Monochrome.M-o-n-o-c-h-r-o-m-e.Monochrome. “Correct!” I did it! I was so proud, and since I studied hard and believed I could do it, and I did it, since I believed that I could do it.

As long as you believe you can do something, you can. No matter what anybody says, anything is possible. People said that being able to have more than one piece of music on the same device was impossible, but it wasn’t. I thought that winning the spelling bee was impossible, but it wasn’t since I worked hard to win it. This proves that as long as you put your mind to something and work hard for it, you can do it, even if others say it is impossible. By persevering and working hard, you can accomplish anything.