Compass of My Life | Teen Ink

Compass of My Life

By rturl BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
rturl BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana

On a daily basis I go through multiple “Journeys” as many others like homework, decisions for the sophomore class, thoughts about college, grades, important friendships, making time to see family members, and doing my best to be a great daughter and sister. The compass of my life is always pointing in many different directions depending on these daily journeys.  Just like for the Puritans, North on my compass is God.  Whenever I am in need or having a struggle in my life, I turn to God.  For example, if I am worried about my grades, thoughts about friendships, or difficult decisions I turn to God in prayer for help.  South on my compass is my parents and my sister because just like South is below or downward my family is always behind me and has my back if I am to fall down.  My family has a big influence in my life; I am always asking them for advice and opinions on my ideas, problems, and dilemmas. East on my compass is my friends.  When I am feeling lonely, blue, or sorrowful I turn to my friends.  They know what I like to do, what I am thinking, and they understand me very well.  Therefore, my friends always know how to cheer me up when I am having a sad, miserable day.  Lastly, West on my compass is my loving grandparents.  The first thing I think of when I hear the word “West” is Wisdom.  In my life, I think my grandparents have the most wisdom.  When I am in a situation where I am lost and unsure what to do they are the people who I go to.  For example, when I am worried about important decisions about school I grab the phone and call my grandparents