Rain Clouds | Teen Ink

Rain Clouds

April 21, 2017
By nh770 BRONZE, Kalispell, Montana
nh770 BRONZE, Kalispell, Montana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I went to the park right near my home. It was pouring rain. Enough rain to fill a bucket in 1 minute if I brought it out. Enough rain to make me look like I just got out of the shower after being the rain for 10 seconds. I'm at the park alone. The sky is gray and I cannot see anything above the massive rain clouds that are above my head. There is a big pond right in front of me. It is a murky green, probably because it is home to the hundreds of ducks and geese circling the park.

I try to nonchalantly walk up to a few ducks. Once I got close enough, they all run away from me in fear. That made me think that the people who usually visit the park probably abuse the ducks and geese. Maybe not physically, but verbally at most. Like children running up toward them screaming their lungs out. If those birds are capable of dignity, they sure as don't have any now. Since we humans use them as entertainment. As we do a lot of other animals.

But that aside I focus on the big thing. The rain that is changing all of the landscape around me right this second. There are puddles starting to form everywhere. There is dirt starting to turn into mud. I am soaking wet.

The rain that is pouring all over me and the land around me reminds me of a girl I talked to earlier. The rain symbolizing her tears. She told me how she just wanted to cry on my shoulder right now. I let her cause I am a caring person and she is important to me. At that time I felt important to her. Maybe that's why I let her do it. But it also reminded me of all the past people I let cry on my shoulder when they wanted to. And how I felt very significant to them in that moment. But later realized how truly insignificant I am to them and their feelings. That's the same feeling I have with the enormous rain clouds towering over my head. How I am this small little human being who is completely soaking wet from this monstrous rain cloud.

How insignificant I am to this rain cloud.