My Worst Day | Teen Ink

My Worst Day

By bublian BRONZE, Redwood City, California
bublian BRONZE, Redwood City, California

One day, me and my parents went shopping at the Hillsdale Mall which is 2 blocks long and it's on El Camino Real. After, we were going to the hospital to visit my cousin who is 17 years old and was really sick because she had a serious virus. When my parents and I were going to leave, my palate collapsed. Everything that was liquid spilled out on the floor. I needed to get that closed up so we called help and then they rushed me to the emergency room. I was  feeling really anxious. Next, they put me this mask that smelled bad and made me really really tired then I noticed my eyes were getting really heavy. 5 hours later, I woke up and I was laying on a bed still, in the hospital I saw my mom looking in her Samsung phone.

When I got up I said ¨what happened¨ my mom looked at me and stuttered. Then, with joy she hugged me like I was gone for 40 years. 2 hours later, my dad came in the room with the doctor and the doctor said I could only eat liquids like soup or yogurt and that changed me a lot because I couldn't eat any of my favorite foods like pizza or hamburgers. Finally, These new life experiences could change your life forever.