Protesting | Teen Ink

Protesting

By alecaldo BRONZE, Menlo Park, California
alecaldo BRONZE, Menlo Park, California

Hello I am Osvaldo from State Farm and I go to high school in Redwood City. My parents are from Aguililla, Michoacan, Mexico. This field trip on protesting really came to my attention because one of Donald Trump's quotes are “The Mexican government is much smarter, much sharper, much more cunning. And they send the bad ones over because they don’t want to pay for them. They don’t want to take care of them.” About my family so I decided to turn in my permission slip the next day to let our voices be heard. What we felt about the election was unfair because Hillary Clinton had more votes. So once we went on a field trip to protest with most of the school. On our way to downtown Redwood City we were saying, “ People United will never be divided,” in Spanish and English and I felt great.

We had to participate in what we believed in, and that was being against Donald Trump because he is very messed up to Latinos. We were heading back to school while waiting for a stop light, and I was sitting down because I was tired and Mathias, Brian, and a group of other people were standing up when suddenly a middle eastern young lady with a blue Honda Civic flipped us off. We had a conversation in class of the field trip, and we were saying, “Why would someone do this to us if we were having a friendly march.”

I got really mad but what I didn’t understand is that she might of been an immigrant too and we weren’t doing anything bad so that’s the reason I got mad. My face was like a tomato. There were some comments that really offended my school. We got flipped off many times and I was feeling mad because they were saying bad stuff about us. What I learned was to not care about what people say about you or what you think. Osvaldo from State Farm is out!!!