My Experience Of Roller Coasters | Teen Ink

My Experience Of Roller Coasters

By Alonso650 BRONZE, Redwood City, California
Alonso650 BRONZE, Redwood City, California

One day my uncle decides to take me and my two brothers to Great America, so we could have fun. Great America is an amusement park where there’s lots of rides to ride and have fun. We arrived at Great America, and the first thing we see is the tips of the roller coasters and people pointing at the rides having fun. When we got there, I was really excited because I was gonna go on fun rides and have a good time.

We first went on the swings because for some reason I always want to go on that ride first as a starter. It’s like where the swings go in circles in the air really fast. It just feels relaxing and the air is going towards you. So then we went on a couple more rides. My uncle then says to ride the demon. The demon is a roller coaster that goes in a multi-loop. I never went on the demon on my life. I was scared and nervous at the time. I didn’t want to disappoint my uncle. I didn't want to because I was 12 years old at the time, and I shouldn't have been scared.
So when I was deciding if whether I should go or not, my little brother decides not to go because he was scared. He said, ¨No I don't want to go, I don't like loopy loops.¨ At first, I was gonna stay with him. But then my uncle encouraged me to go. He did the same with my brother, but he still didn’t want to go. So then I finally made the decision to go on it and not be scared anymore. So I went on the demon and try to face my fears.

My little brother was left alone by himself because he didn’t want to go. So my uncle had to stay with him. So then I went on the ride with my big brother, and my little brother was with my uncle watching us. When the ride started going, I kinda regretted it. Then when the ride went so fast and went in the loop it felt awesome. Like I was having so much fun I just froze and couldn't believe it.  I didn’t even know why I was scared. The ride was like nothing. After that, I wasn't afraid of going on any other ride because I faced my fear. 

After the ride, I felt really relieved. I was glad and surprised that I actually rode on the demon. The ride was really fun and awesome and I had a great time. Now, I’m not scared of any rides expect for the drop zone because that is too high. I learned that you have to face your fears because then you’ll never will and haven’t accomplished anything. If I never went on the demon, I don’t think it would be the same, and I would probably still be scared because I haven’t been to Great America in a while. This has inspired me to face your fears. I'm glad I made this decision.

I decided to write about this because I used to be scared of some roller coasters but now I'm not because I took the risk.