New Foods

By , Menlo Park, CA 94025, CA

My mom exclaimed,’’ Hijo, hijo ven a comer.”

This one day at my beautiful casa or my house when I was in 5th or 4th grade, also I was 9 or 10 years old and it was the year 2013/2014.  I was in the kitchen and I was smelling the smell of caldo de pollo and I smelled the vegetables, the carrots, potatoes, the chicken that is the food that I got from my mom.  It was just me and my mom during this event we were alone waiting for my dad to come from  work when I got hungry and asked her for food and she gave me that.  I didn’t like it because it was...caldo de pollo!! Also, the caldo de pollo looked yellowish and had some meat and vegetable. The caldo smelled weird because the vegetables were giving it a weird smell.  The reason why I didn't like it was because I don't like to eat meat that much, the reason I don’t like meat was because it has a weird taste and weird texture.

She said,’’you have to eat it or else you don’t get your chips’’
I said,’’It tastes nasty I don’t want to eat it’’
She said,’’okay then no chips’’
I said,’’fine then I’ll eat it’’

The only way she got me to eat was by blackmailing me by saying I was not going to get my chips if I didn’t eat the caldo. I felt angry that I had to eat something that I didn’t want to eat, so as a result then I raised my voice and stated,’’ I don’t want to eat it because it looks bad.’’ So then I was forced to eat the caldo de pollo. My faced changed, my eyes became a little wider as well as my mouth it became a little wider as well, that it tasted pretty good, since I was expecting it to taste really bad, I felt as if I had won the lottery . So then I ate it really fast because it tasted good. This experience taught me that I have to get out of my comfort zone so that I can try new things. Also, I recommend people to try more Mexican food and other good food. Also, at this moment in my life, I new that I should eat more mexican food. I have used this lesson in my life for example I didn’t like carne asada, but then when I tried some it tasted pretty good and I started to like it as if I were eating ice cream. I have gotten more out of my comfort zone to try new foods, and such and the new experiences were pretty good.