Getting Treated Badly | Teen Ink

Getting Treated Badly

By Dinno BRONZE, Menlo Park, California
Dinno BRONZE, Menlo Park, California

One day in Redwood City, my mom and I went to the taqueria that my uncles helped her get. We got to the taqueria with supplies and there were police officers and the landlord waiting at the taqueria. They police officer said ,”we were called because the landlords are saying  you tried picking the lock in order to steal the things inside.” My mother was furious her face was red because she was the one paying for the rent and everything inside was ours. My mom said,” that is not true because we work there and we payed for everything inside. I think they said that to get the building back. We brought our truck. My aunt and uncle came later on with theirs to help us get our stuff because we were not going to work there anymore. We were Carrying the food out first my mom carrying meats and my aunt and uncle carrying tortillas and sodas. We tried to get the rest but the police officer said,” You can only take the food the rest stays here until you bring a paper from the court that says otherwise.” I was furious, and my face was red. He ended up going home.