If You Love Life, Life Will Love You Back | Teen Ink

If You Love Life, Life Will Love You Back

By Isabellaapiper BRONZE, Three Rivers, Michigan
Isabellaapiper BRONZE, Three Rivers, Michigan

"She believed she could, so she did."

The most intriguing question I have repeating over and over in my mind, seems to be the most controversial chapter in this book. What is life to you? Do you love life? Do you not put much thought into it? So the name of this chapter is none other than if you love life, it will love you back. Life is many compelling ideas, passions, sights, places; the list goes on and on. The moment I realized this, I spent every second I have enjoying everything around me.

“Whenever you feel lost, remember this: there are still over 7 billion people in the world left to meet. There are nearly two hundred beautiful countries for you to explore. There are so many new exiting foods you haven’t tried yet. There are so many beautiful adventures to be had. So, just hold on, because there are so many wonderful things coming your way”

-Anonymous

Enjoy when the sun rises and sets every single day in the most elegant way. Enjoy when it goes down, and you let the cool wind fly across your face as you look up at the stars and every amazing thing in the sky. Notice the crickets that chirp you to sleep and the humming birds that wake you up. Enjoy those cool fall days, when you enjoy apple cider and glazed doughnuts and go pick out a pumpkin from the patch, and carve it. Love the sights you see and the places you go, because this doesn’t last forever. Go outside and enjoy the nature around you. Look at lovely autumn trees, blooming flowers, and the revealing truth of life around you. Take a walk and hear the crunch of branches and leaves beneath your feet and the captivating noises of life all around you. So take this and travel all around the world. Go watch a river slowly stream and polish rocks and feel it on your tip of your fingers. Go to places where it is tropical and exotic, and you can feel the sunshine on your skin. Go to places where it is cold and watch the refreshing snow fall to the palm of your hand and look at all the different snowflakes.

“You are the books you read, the films you watch, the music you listen to, and the people you meet, the dreams you have, the conversations you engage in. You are what you take from these. You are the sound of the ocean, the breath of fresh air, the brightest light and the darkest corner. You are a collective of every experience you have had in your life. You are every single day. So drown yourself in a sea of knowledge and existence. Let the words run through your veins and let the colors fill your mind.”

-Anonymous

Visit New York City when it is all lit up and the compelling source of people and light from booming business is surrounding you. Go to a place where you can enjoy and learn new things from all the diverse people around you. Learn a different language and travel to places where you can begin to speak it. I bet you will learn many new things from these people from these places, because they are different then you. Go tour around the world to places, leave the country. Take risks. Try the food you never thought you would and respect the abstract ways people make it from how you do. Life is a beautiful thing and no matter how many lists I can make from things to enjoy, the list will never be enough. The definition of the beauty of the world is in your hands, and only you decide what you find enchanting, and what you don’t.

Take chances. Go skydiving, climb a mountain, hike, ride the biggest roller-coaster that you dare to never come in contact with. Surround yourself with diverse places and people and begin to learn the way they perceive life and how they picture it in their eyes. The most important idea is just to accept the life living around you. The fascinating green grass, trees, plants, and animals. They are all living, just like you. They get a new shot at life every single day just like you do. There all living and breathing things and you should love them. They are surrounding you everywhere you go.What I am telling you, is go and try new things, no matter what the risk may be. The best memories are created from chances that you took, and they were grand enough that they remained in your memory. I want each and every one of you to surround yourself with a life that you can laugh, love, and remember. I want each and every one of you to take a risk each and every day. This helps you build and grow; it also lets you find your inner self.

Finding yourself is amazing. This last year, I was a completely different person that I have ever been. I know this usually happens in life, when you finally realize your purpose for being here, and suddenly it’s like the world around you changes. It’s like it was a whole new me that never saw the light of day, because I was afraid what others would think about me. Trying new things, meeting new people, going to new places; this helps you find that inner light that I did. One day you have to wake up and look in the mirror, and say, this is me and nobody is stopping where I’m going to go in life. I’m going to explore and create myself every single day, and nobody will slow me down.Recently, I have discovered that if I died today I would not be satisfied. If you feel the same way, I want you to begin to explore your likes and dislikes, meet new people, and travel more. Open your mind.

“There’s so much more to life than finding someone who will want you, or being sad over someone who doesn’t. There’s a lot of wonderful time to be spent discovering yourself without hoping will fall in love with you along the way, and it doesn’t need to be painful or empty. You need to fill yourself up with love. Not anyone else. Become a whole being on your own. Go on adventures, fall asleep in the woods with friends, wander around the city at night, sit in a coffee shop on your own, write on bathroom stalls, leave notes in library books, dress up for yourself, give to others, smile a lot. Do all things with love, but don’t romanticize life like you can’t survive without it. Live for yourself and be happy on your own. It isn’t any less beautiful, I promise."

-Emery Allen

Life is surrounding you everywhere you go, and it should never be taken for granted. It’s charismatic and captivating to realize all the things we have and what we can explore in this life. So pick yourself up and explore. Explore around places, sites, sounds, that you realize you take for granted. Listen to a new genre of music, old music, or maybe even a vintage movie that shows life in a way that you haven’t. Expanding your horizon on the world is a magnificent thing. Understanding that seeing the world, in a way other than your own, is also a great thing. As you begin to see the world, I guarantee you will love it. Take this knowledge and realize that as soon as you love life, I promise it will love you back.

I was inspired to write this piece, when i discovered i was not happy with the progress i was making in life. I discovered ways I could live life to the fullest, and feel invincible once again. I wanted to share this with other friends, family, and authors.