One Last Bow | Teen Ink

One Last Bow

March 8, 2017
By jfaber123 BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida
jfaber123 BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Standing there, lights dim and music playing. I can feel my heart racing and my lines starting to stumble out of my head. I couldn't grasp the thought of them. I say my prayer right before I start running down the aisles; this show was dedicated to my dad. I start to run and I don't stop. My lines just start flowing out of my mouth as if it was a natural reaction. I stand there in front of hundreds singing “Over the Rainbow,” wondering how time flew by so fast. Pondering the thought that I will never perform a musical at high school ever again. How did I start as a tap dancing sailor and end my highschool experience as Dorothy and now going to be getting a BFA at Belmont University in Nashville Tennessee? Time is flying so fast, I wish it would slow down.


The show is now in Act two and we are almost done. The countless days I've pulled to practice lines, practic songs, do homework, stay late for tech rehearsals and wake up early for the Vibe interviews. Sadly I knew it would all be over in a blink of an eye. Well, my blink of an eye just happened. The curtain is closing. Every tear shed on that stage will forever remain there and all the love and dedication will only grow once I leave here.
A whirlwind of thoughts rushing my brain with memories. All the inside jokes and all the fake eyelashes just lying around. The random bobby pins you go searching for on the ground because your hair is a sloppy mess but you're too lazy to redo it because you're too busy jamming out to Taylor Swift in the girls dressing room.


I may be going onto bigger and better things involving theatre in my life but what hurts the most is leaving my AMT family behind. So, as the curtain closes I think to myself, “These four years have been the best four years of my life with memories I wouldn't change and a family I never want to leave. Life is all about making the most of it and, well, I made the most of it and my AMT family will always be in my heart. I leave my whole heart and soul on the stage tonight. Thank you AMT for the family I was blessed with and the passion I was able to pursue.

The author's comments:

My dad inspired me. Growing up I was around theatre and he supported me always. I will never not love theatre. It's turned me into the person I am today.