My Experience Border Morris Dancing

First of all, Border Morris Dancing is one of many styles of Morris Dancing. It comes from the English/Welsh border, and the dancers wear rag vests and use big sticks and sometimes use charcoal on their faces. Most teams wear bells on their legs. My team wears cans.

I have been dancing for about two years now, and I love every second of it. It's hard, fun, and just plain amazing. every time I learn a new dance it's like a burst of energy goes through me and I want to keep practicing it again and again until I can preform it.

Morris Dancing is a good workout, but it's one that I don't really mind. It's not that hard, if you LOVE it like I do.

I have gone to several Morris events, where I have met lots of other dancers and watched new styles. I have seen Border, Cotswold, Rappar Sword, Longsword, Clogging, and Mumming. All of the styles are unique, but Border is my favorite. It's so energizing, and I always feel really energetic when I'm done dancing.

I have my favorite dances, my in between dances, and the dances that I don't like that much but still do, because I love Morrising. It's FUN.

I hope I NEVER stop dancing, because Morris Dancing has really become a HUGE part of my life. It's helped boost my self confidance, and I've learned a lot along the way and met a lot of really cool people.

Border Morris Dancing has a certain...energy about it, and if you don't really like it, I'm not sure you'd feel that energy. That's the way I found out I loved it: I felt that energy right away.