Blue Eyes | Teen Ink

Blue Eyes

By Lovethelake18 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Lovethelake18 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Everyone in my family has blue eyes. Blue eyes, of different shades, representing our differences. My father’s eyes, a soft, light blue. Blue, like a wave in the ocean, easygoing. Going, going, going, with the flow of the ocean. My mother’s eyes, a darker, more serious blue. A hard working, passionate, blue. The color of the sky, on a winter day. My eyes, are a mix of the two, not light, not dark. A blue like the color of a blueberry. Blue like a blueberry that can sometimes be sweet, but is sometimes sour.

My younger sister, however, isn’t like us. Her eyes are similar to mine, except for the small brown speck in her left eye. A small brown speck, a dark speck, in the bright sky of my family. Her unique trait, to match her unique personality. And then we have my youngest sister. Her eyes the lightest of all. A light blue, like the color of cotton candy at the fair. Her eyes, youthful, and fun. Fun like going on rides, and eating mouth-watering, greasy foods at the state fair.

Everyone in my family has blue eyes. The color of the sky, the ocean, blueberries, and cotton candy. All blue eyes, yet each a unique, individual shade.