7.4 Billion Other People | Teen Ink

7.4 Billion Other People

January 10, 2017
By livernau GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
livernau GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

You are the only one who understands me. I am the only one who understands you. 7.4 billion other people with ex boyfriends and cheap wine like me. 7.4 billion who do not belong here but are here. 7.4 billion successful people making a life. For us, that was not the case, you just didn’t appreciate our life.

 

My strength was secret. You sent violent screams through my head. We had up’s and we had down’s and grabbed the sand between intertwined fingers and looked at the sky with gleaming smiles and never wanted to leave. This is how we were.


Let one forget his reason for being, I’d diminish like Packers fans booing at the Bears, each fan in unison. Come, come, come he says when I leave. I give in.


When I am too sad and too exhausted to keep staying, when I am a single girl compared to so many others, then it is when I am set free. When there is nothing left for me in this pair. 7.4 billion who grew apart despite dare. 7.4 billion who leave and do not forget to stay. 7.4 billion whose only reason is to be independent and be blissful.