The Move | Teen Ink

The Move

By Jaredjk28 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
Jaredjk28 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

When I was six years old something extremely big happened in my life. I moved from the state of Michigan to Ohio. This was really scary for me because that is where I lived my entire little young life. I did not know what to do because I had my little circle of friends and I did not want to leave them. We were moving because in Ohio, where my extended family lives, my dad’s father became very ill. They scariest part was that I had no idea what I would do because all my hobbies were down in our backyard. I was sad that we would not be able to have a pool at our new house. I was very relived and happy that we would however be able to take our trampoline.

The move happened in August and that’s when I became very sad. In my mind my thought was I was never going to see anyone or anything in Michigan ever again. We wanted to move in the summer so us kids wouldn’t have to miss any school, and we would get to be in the new place before school even started. Then the first day of school came, I was so scared I pretended to be sick but Mom made me go anyways.

When I arrived I wanted to leave right away. When I sat down it felt like all the eyes were on me, the new kid. That was the longest class in my entire life, but right afterwards something happened. A kid walked right up to me and introduced himself. We became friends instantly, and he showed me around the school and to all of his friends. To this day I still have all those friends who inspire me every day to be me. I would not be who I am today if we did not move to Ohio. I still get to visit my friends in Michigan every now and then, so it isn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be, In fact it is great.