My Pet Peeves | Teen Ink

My Pet Peeves

January 9, 2017
By kenzie2020 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
kenzie2020 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One of my pet peeves is when, people can’t stop talking. It really bothers me because I could be sitting in class and that person just is constantly talking and they could just be talking about something random. Whatever they’re talking about is not even relevant. They are just talking to hear themselves. Then, when you call them out on it they something back to you that is even more irrelevant. It really makes me upset because no one even cares what they have to say and everyone wants them to stop talking, but no one says anything to stop it. And because teachers don’t want to make a fuss they don’t do anything about it. I mean some do I suppose but barely. They just give them a slap on the wrist, which of course does nothing, and so the kid just keeps flapping his jaws the whole period. Even when the person gets in real trouble they just come back talking more than ever. I mean if you don’t want to learn then fine, but don’t take away other people’s time to learn. If they aren’t talking about irrelevant things then they’re arguing with the teacher about something. Just because too, they have nothing actually relevant to argue about. I don’t know why they do it. Maybe to get some attention or something I have no clue, but what I do know is it is super super annoying. Usually it is the same person every time, and I cringe every time I see them start the open their mouths. There is maybe once in a blue moon where they actually sit there with and is quiet. Those are my favorite days, it’s very blissful. It also makes me upset when they don’t take the opportunity to learn. Not only are they hurting others by talking, but also themselves. Some people don’t get the privileges to get an education so I find it very disrespectful to just sit there and be a disruption. It’s especially annoying when they get chance after chance to do it, but they still mess around and do nothing. Then they wonder why they’re grades are suffering.