Anchor | Teen Ink

Anchor

By BushraZia BRONZE, Karachi, Other
BushraZia BRONZE, Karachi, Other

John F. Kennedy said, “The courage of life is a magnificent mixture triumph and tragedy. A man does what he must, in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures and that is the basis of all morality.”

Someone once said that it’s choice, not chance, that determines our destiny. It’s your choice whether to say yes or no, whether you let someone in your life or not, or whether you give them the right to break your heart or walk away before its too late. But sometimes, your life takes a bumpy road; it leads you to a place where choice is no longer an option.

I did what was must for me to save someone from falling apart, despite of the personal consequences. It’s suffocating and I am drowning everyday like there is an anchor tied to my leg, no matter how many times I try to swim my way back to the surface the anchor is shackled so tightly that I drown back deeper and deeper. I guess I was too blind and too dumb to see what I was getting into. I played along and lied my way through it and by the time I realized what I was doing? It was too late. There is no taking back my words, my actions and there is no way of explain everything and honestly I am scared f what will people think of me if they found out the truth. I wanted things differently, I choose a different road but somehow things got so complicated and it got out of my hand. It’s intimidating how you have a control over some else’s life and emotions and yet no control over yours. I can’t take back anything now because it will hurt the other person intensely and I can’t break my promises despite of what I am going through every day. I am not courageous enough to tell the truth and scream my heart and mind out.