Thankful | Teen Ink

Thankful

By Bearshika BRONZE, Harmon, Other
Bearshika BRONZE, Harmon, Other

Being thankful for every little thing in life is such a great accomplishment in life. We do not need fancy materials for us to be happy. I believe that appreciation is the key to happiness. Always remember to look at the brighter side of things, so you won’t be sad. Things always happen for a reason and it is what makes you stronger.

There are many good things in life I am thankful for. First of all, I am thankful for having to live for seventeen years even though sometimes life is hard and complicated. Also, I am thankful for the family I have. We may not be a millionaire but atleast we are complete and we have time for each other.  I am thankful that my parents are not separated. In addition, I am grateful for their support and love for me. I feel so blessed having a happy family because not all people have this kind of family. And of course, I am thankful for the shelter and food I have and for having the opportunity to have a good education.

I am also grateful for having a good health. Being healthy is more important than any other material things in this world. All things are useless if you are not healthy, because you cannot bring your wealth in heaven when you die. Moreover, I am thankful for my friends who are always at my side. They played an important role in my life and that is to teach me how to appreciate every little and simple things I have. Furthermore, I am thankful for the love, time, joy, and effort they had given me.

As I have said earlier, there are many things I am thankful for and I could not ask for more. I was not able to mention all of it but one thing for sure is that I appreciate it and I give all the gratitude and praises to God.