Raised By A Single Mother | Teen Ink

Raised By A Single Mother

By matthewguerrero2001 BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
matthewguerrero2001 BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

Ever since i was born I have been raised by a single mother. Times were sometimes rough, Someday’s i would blame my mother on why i didn’t have a father Other days would be filled with hate. Other days i would be perfectly fine. It was always mixed emotions with me. Like a roller coaster of emotions sometimes my own mother would put me in my place because of this. But this isn’t a story to make you see the struggles of being raised by a single mother this is to lift up the people that have to deal with the same struggles as me to see the light in dark days.
  Claudia is my mother’s name raised in East LA what a hell it was let me tell you that, Poverty and Violence everywhere. Such a mess but that's all we could afford at the time. It was all a mess.i hated it there but look at the bright side my mother was always the brace and courageous kind. She would never let me be down and spoil me even if we had very little money. She’s the most caring women I have ever met.
  When we finally moved to Vegas things started to get brighter my mom finished college, and started to work good hours to raise me. In 2007 was when I had another brother but also his father left him. So yet again it was tougher for my mom but she put her best effort and started her own business was a Restaurant in Henderson this ended up being good so she opened another in summerlin but by doing this my family also had to make sacrifices like selling game consoles and selling food on the street to gain a little bit more money to open up the 2nd one after waiting a few months we finally had enough to open the 2nd restaurant and to hire more people to work there. My mom actually started to see the future in her life. Everything was great for her and she started smiling more and worrying less.
  It was great seeing my mom smile more often, such a blessing to start seeing your own mother the women that raised you and has been through so much smile more then worry. It truly is one of the best blessing’s to experience. All looked good in our life’s know we could finally live out our lifes and buy things just for fun. At first of course it was hard but at the end of the day it was all worth it. Everyone in my family is proud of her cause she went from nothing to having it all, She went from living in a garage in East LA. To owning her own house with 4 bedrooms and 2 and a half bathrooms. It was great seeing all this happen to my own mother that has been through thick and thin always helping others.
  Sometimes you have to give others a chance to see what they are capable of, When my mother became a US citizen she was proud. Graduating college with her Master’s Even more proud, because no one thought s
he would make it this far, and now that she has she is proud to talk to people about her struggles and how far she has truly made it.

My Life