Walt Disney | Teen Ink

Walt Disney

December 8, 2016
By kt1499 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
kt1499 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My grandparents, sister, and I drive 19 long, irritating hours to our magical destination. The sun blazes down, heating our skin as we adventure through the beautiful parks. Escaping the sun, we wait in line for Space Mountain. My 13-year-old sister fidgets in line, not looking forward to the ride.


“I don’t think I want to do this…” she cries as we board the ride.


“It will be fine!” I tell her, “Just don’t throw up on me.”


We begin our flight into the jet black hole. The cart speeds up and quickly turns and drops. My stomach jumps inside me as we speed through space. Behind me, my sister cries and laughs simultaneously. When the ride is over, she asks, “Can we go again? That was actually fun!”


If I met the creator of this park, I would ask, “What inspired you to make Disney World?” I’m sure something as large and intricate as the parks of Disney World would require lots of planning and thought. I would love to know why Walt Disney and his brother created such a wonderful venue and commend them on the beauty and entertainment it provides to so many families.