Ordinary | Teen Ink

Ordinary

December 5, 2016
By deasianottage SILVER, Auburn, New York
deasianottage SILVER, Auburn, New York
6 articles 7 photos 1 comment

I could have written about literally anything I wanted to… But I chose this, don’t ask why. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s out of anger or because I still can’t get over the fact the people who I am supposed to look up to aren’t there. Or maybe it might be because I’m jealous, jealous of the people with parents who are there for them and love and support them. I wish I could have that. I want a lot of things out of life, but that alone won’t make it happen. I know that I will never have that loving family I always wanted. The parents who provide for their children… I salute you. But if you’re not one of them I hope you can learn from this.


I wish I could be like one of those “ordinary” kids. The ones whose mothers and fathers kiss goodnight and cook breakfast for in the morning. I wish both of my parents were happily married and owned their own house. I wish my father wasn’t a cheater and I wish my mother had higher morals. I wish I could look my father in his eyes and tell him I forgive him… But I can’t and I won’t. Not for a very long time...


Assumption? Assumption is a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof. That’s a word that’s being passed around lately. You probably think my dads having an affair on my mother. Or you might think I’ve been put up for adoption. Neither of those assumptions are true.


I don't regret my life, just the way I was born. I also can't keep dwelling on the past, I shouldn’t constantly sulk. That’s not who I am. I may not be normal but I am not one of those kids who always feel bad for themselves and hating themselves because their parents have created a child with mommy and daddy issues.


The whole point of me telling you this is to let people know that life isn’t always the way you want it to be. Don’t feel like you aren’t worth anything just because life is hard. DON’T GIVE UP. Your words are Ideal, your mind is fascinating, your touch is delicate, your eyes are alluring. But your heart is never ending exquisite pain and agony. That is a pain that will stay with you for the rest of your life. So? Make friends with it, that’s what I did. Always remember that being extraordinary is better than being “ordinary”. I learned that the hard way so you don’t have to.