Unforgettable | Teen Ink

Unforgettable

November 29, 2016
By TahaMohamed BRONZE, Branchburg, New Jersey
TahaMohamed BRONZE, Branchburg, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A 95 year old, who had a great life, from being with her family, so lieing in bed, with nobody knowing what will happen next.

Chapter 1: Death

On June 28, 2014 my great grandma died. My great grandma was a great woman with 6 children including my grandma, she lived until 95 years old, which was outrageous. She lived with my grandma, and every time I went there she made me laugh, as soon as i went to my grandma house my great grandma would always love to see me, she used to always hug me, she used to talk to me about what's going on with her life, my great grandma and I had many memories together.
The month of march my great grandma got sentenced to the hospital, because she had breathing problems, soon enough they told her she had pulmonary edema. She soon had to use a breathing tool so she can stay alive, at home. She was soon admitted again the beginning of June, nobody knew if my great grandma was going to be alive, I would stay outside, of the hallway, thinking to myself if that was the last time i would see her again, all of my family members were very frustrated. All of my cousins were waiting outside of the hallway with there heads down with sadness, and all of my mom's family members were sobbing in the room with everyone's hands holding her hand.
On June 28, 2014 my great grandma died, and my life changed. The last time I saw her she looked at me, and she told me she loved me, until this day I can't forget her image. It will always stay in my head. As soon as she died, the doctor explained that she died in a depressing way “ we're sorry, we tried out best.”
My grandma was as red as the blood in her skin, when she found out the information. “No stop, help me stop.” my grandma shouted
“She was great woman” stated the doctor with a depressed look.
“That was my mother!!” shouts my grandma. My grandma fainted on the spot, and we rushed her to get some water, that day was a mess, it was raining, her children were crowded around her, praying every second that she would live.
My mother kept on telling my grandma to relax, but she couldn't.
“Mom its ok, shes in heaven right now.” explains my mom in arabic with sorrow.
“I loved her so much though why me god, why!!” shouts my grandma in arabic.
My family couldn't stop crying.  I couldn't stop crying, I fell on the ground and didn't stop crying until I left. My family began to read religious prayers.
We left and my whole family went to my grandmas house, and prayed for her. The next morning we went and buried my great grandma, everyone was in sorrow as everyone put dirt on her grave in grief, the day was so dark, and everybody was in shock especially my grandma, my mom and my two aunts.
Millions of people were there to see her, the special thing is she was buried right next to her husband, that was her one wish, and I hope she knows that her wish was granted in heaven. Soon enough we went to the mosque with sorrow and prayed on behalf of her, with a specific ritual.
“Oh god protect her in heaven, and bless her, and erase all of her sins in the grave.”
A few months later we all went on, I  would go to my grandmas house and see the place she would always sit in, and I Would picture her giving me a huge hug, and nobody would be there and I would cry.
It was very hard for my grandma, she would visit her grave every month, it was so hard that my grandma had to live in all of her kids house until she took her mind off of her mother's death, my family would also visited her once in a while, until eventually we got so busy that we forgot. My family might have forget her mentally, but never internally. I love you so much Tata Ahsan, I hope you're having the best time in heaven, god bless you.


The author's comments:

What i hope people get from this is to never ever forget your family and to always be with your family, because you never know what will happen to them.