All Living Things Have Feelings | Teen Ink

All Living Things Have Feelings

By AMWolf BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
AMWolf BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Everyday is a sequence of repeated events. Grabbing all of your stuff, rushing to work, you hardly notice the squirrel running to escape the tires of your car. Did the squirrel have feelings? Of course! The squirrel would’ve most likely felt scared. Isn’t that how you would’ve felt? Many people go on living their life, not paying attention to animals’ feelings.. We weren't the first living, breathing, thinking species on this earth. Why do we act like we were? All living things have feelings, or can be a source of another living things’ feelings. The bird you gave your sandwich to, the fox living deep in the woods, the seagull who stole your phone. They all have feelings just like us.
After the tiring horse ride on Sunday, when we were putting the horses away into their pastures my friend Stephanie and I began a long talk. “Why don’t you hit the horses harder?” Stephanie questioned. “You can’t hurt them.” I kept my mouth shut, holding back my sour thoughts.

“You know, horses will remember you, for either being good, or bad.” I explained. She was taken aback. “Animals don’t have feeling,.” she responded firmly. “Animals do have feelings,”

I muttered under my breathe. Many riders at the barn believed her. It was clear that people needed to be informed.

What I wanted to tell Stephanie and all of the other riders was that all living things actually do have feelings. Nowadays we are all so selfish; we only think about ourselves. In a sense trees and plants are giving feelings. Giving us air and oxygen to breath. Without the trees and plants we wouldn’t have feelings; or at least, not the same feelings. All life is a source to feelings. All life can essentially lead to the feelings of another. Does a bright orange fall tree make you smile? That tree gave you feelings.

All living things have feelings, but it's within our feelings whether to believe it or not. Even trees and plants give us and other living things feelings. Every living thing is a source of feelings. This I believe.

This piece was meant to sway the feelings of people who think that not everything living has some sort of feelings. I hope from now on, people don't just see an animal and think "Oh it's just a fox".