The Day That Changed Her Life | Teen Ink

The Day That Changed Her Life

By WasanHishamRajab BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts
WasanHishamRajab BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts

Sometimes, we need to be hurt in order to grow. We must fail in order to know. We must lose in order to gain. Some lessons are learned best through pain.

And here she is again walking back and forth in that hallway watching her three siblings with their hands covering their faces but her mom and dad weren't there. She started to get worried, her heart started beating so fast, she doesn't know where she's at, neither who she's surrounded by. She's waiting for an answer like everyone else but she has no clue what could that answer change. She hates hospitals, she hates the way they smell and the news they tell. The slowest hour of her life just passed by and there she sees her uncle coming out of a huge room, the door opened and closed but before it closed she was in there looking for her parents, she didn't know where to go but she knew that it was her mother's voice that she heard, she felt her voice cracking while saying the words that she will never forget for the rest of her life "KEEP GOING, DON'T STOP, PLEASE DON'T STOP". She ran to her mother after she saw her collapse on the floor to find her dad laying on that hospital bed but this time it wasn't as usual. His eyes were closed, his hair was red, his shirt was ripped open, a doctor pushing down on his chest, and her brother standing in the corner not knowing what to do. Two minutes later she was carried outside what she after found out called the "Emergency Room" feeling the pain for the first time in her life.  She knew after that day that everything was different, she knew that her life would not be the same anymore but she still thought it was all a nightmare that she was never able to wake up from.  

I wrote this because I want people to appreciate the people that they have in their life specially their parents because no one will ever replace their spots and no matter what happens, they will always be the only two people that will always stay by our sides knowing that they just want the best for us and also I wanted this to be a reminder to always remember that not everyone in our life is going to stay with us forever!